If you love entertaining – be it your family, friends, or both, then you will no doubt see the benefit of a propane patio heater. Rather than sit outside in the cold and darkness, a propane patio heater can take care of both aspects.
It can provide the much-needed warmth you require when that beautiful sunny day turns into a chilly evening, while the flame from the lit propane element offers stunning ambient lighting. Although, you may wish to add solar lighting or candles to accompany it.
A propane patio heater also enables you to stay outside far longer than if you didn’t have one at all. But the benefits don’t end there. You can buy different styles and sizes to suit your patio, as well as ones that run for longer thanks to the larger propane tank capacity. Some even feature table tops to function as a source of light, heat, and a snack server!
You will also notice, very early on, that there is no one-size fits all approach to buying a propane patio heater as they are all very different. Some are free-standing, others you can mount to the wall, while there are even varieties which hang from the ceiling like regular lights. If you have a large table, you may also find that you’re interested in the tabletop variety. No matter your preference or requirements, you’re sure to see there is an option to suit all. Check out these below.
Top 10 Best Outdoor Patio Propane Heaters
- Durable, powder-coated silver finish
- Heat output of 46,000 BTU's
- Piezo ignition
- Safety auto shut-off tilt valve
- Wheel assembly included
- Hiland 87-inch tall patio heater
- Hammered Bronze powder coated finish
- Wheels for easy mobility and matching adjustable Table
- Gas type: propane, butane
- All AZ Patio Heaters products include a one Year Warranty against manufacturer defects. We are one of the Only suppliers in the us to maintain a complete line of Replacements parts and a full service repair center
- Hiland 38-Inch tall portable patio heater. CSA Approved
- Stainless Steel finish. Thermocouple and Anti-Tilt Safety Devices
- Heat output: 11,000 BTU's. Gas type: 1lb Propane or 20 lb Propane with Adapter hose, not included.
- Burner screen guard. Regulator included
- All AZ Patio Heaters products include a one year warranty against manufacturer defects. We are one of the only suppliers in the US to maintain a complete line of replacements parts and a full service repair center
- STYLISH, COMMERCIAL-QUALITY: Expertly crafted from premium, high-grade steel and aluminum, this professional-grade, 7' 6" tall outdoor propane gas heater with a dancing flame in a pyramid-style column produces both radiant warmth and exquisite beauty. Built-to-last with durable, weather-resistant components which include a rust, fade and corrosion-resistant finish, this heater is designed to withstand extreme climates, harsh sun, and abrasive salt air.
- ULTRA-EFFICIENT HEATING COVERAGE: Providing a comfortably wide field of warmth up to a 15' diameter, the heater's ceramic-glass heating column produces an extremely high, true-rated 38,000 BTU output, however, these heaters are sometimes quoted at their "peak output" of 42,000-45,000 BTU.
- SAFE & CERTIFIED: The heater features a built-in safety valve that will automatically shut off the fuel supply (shutting down the heater) if unit is tilted or tipped. It also includes protective mesh surrounding the ceramic-glass heating column, and a pilot light for safer startup/shutdown. It is also compliant with ANSI, CE, and CSA standards and specifications.
- TRANSPORTABLE: Includes wheels for convenient transport or storage.
- EASY ASSEMBLY & OPERATION: Heater features a simple push-button ignition for fast and simple operation, and a temperature control knob provides easy adjustability of both the height and intensity of the dancing flame. All accessories required for use are provided in the box, including a ceramic-glass heating element, heavy-duty propane gas regulator and a pre-attached flexible hose. Simply supply your own standard 20-pound propane tank and fuel.
- 48,000 BTU's
- Electronic ignition ignites at the push of a button
- Variable heat setting
- Anti-tilt safety device
- Hammered bronze finish
- 6-Ft. 34, 000 BTU cylinder patio heater
- Appealing glass flame display
- Tall glass cylinder with a clear display of the flames
- Assembly required
- Requires a standard 20-lb. Gas tank
- 47,000 BTU Average , 48,000 BTU Max
- CE/CSA/ETL Approved
- 8.5ft Overall height
- Feature Push-Button Piezo Ignition operation
- Can be use for special event, wedding, party, outdoor events, pool deck, patio, restaurants & other events
01. AmazonBasics Commercial Patio Heater
When you are entertaining family and friends outdoors, it’s convenient to have a propane patio heater available. After all, time gets away from you and before long, the night draws in and the air gets chilly. Rather than go indoors when you’re quite comfortable, you can buy this propane patio heater, turn it on, and benefit from both warmth and ambient light.
As an affordable form of heating, you can also benefit from the range of features it has to offer. It features high-quality stainless steel to stop it from rusting, has a Piezo ignition system, and is safe thanks to the automatic shut-off valve as well. What’s more, it’s commercial grade, comes with a one-year warranty if you’re not satisfied, and you can buy it with or without a cover.
With a 46,000 BTU heat output as well, this propane patio heater from AmazonBasics is set to impress.
02. AZ Patio Tall Heater with Table
If you’re on a budget and need a quick solution for your outdoor party, this propane patio heater from AZ Patio Heaters could be the answer. It gets the job done, arrives promptly, and is packed full of convenient features as well.
It stands at 87 inches tall which makes it more than sufficient for your outdoor entertainment area, and it’s also an attractive piece too. It has a bronze powder coating, an adjustable table for snacks and drinks, and has wheels so you can move it around as well.
If you attach a 20-pound gas tank, you can also enjoy 10 hours of run time with perfect warmth within a 20 square-foot area. You will love everything this propane patio heater has to offer.
03. Portable Table Top Stainless-Steel Patio Heater
If you don’t mind having to assemble your propane patio heater when you buy it, then you may find this AZ Patio Heater meets the mark for you. It takes minimal time to assemble, and once you do, you can immediately put it to work. Attach your adaptor and gas bottle and start getting warm!
You can choose from five different colors, benefit from a one-year warranty, and enjoy the 11,000 BTU heat output as well. Whether you put it in your garden or your patio area, you will enjoy spending nights outside with heat and light from this propane patio heater.
While some customers have had problems with missing parts and broken bits, you can rest assured that with your manufacturer’s warranty, you can sort any issues out in no time at all.
04. Thermo Tiki Outdoor Propane Patio Heater
If your outdoor patio area is your pride and joy, then enhance it to its full potential with a propane patio heater from Thermo Tiki. In a Tiki-style design, it can act as both artwork in your entertainment area and a heat source.
It lets off beautiful dancing flames, heats a large area, and has a gorgeous pyramid shape to get people talking. However, the benefits don’t end there. It’s built to last with its steel and aluminum construction, and also features plenty of rust-proof parts to last the distance. What’s more, it’s a generous height to ensure more people in one area get to benefit from the heat it lets out.
It’s safe to use with all the necessary certifications, and also has a safety valve as well. If you are ready to invest in your outdoor area and want the best of the best, consider this propane patio heater today.
05. Dyna-Glo Premium Bronze Patio Heater
It can be hard to strike a balance between quality and value, but this propane patio heater from Dyna-Glo has done it right. When you buy this heater, you get a quality product to last a long time, but you don’t need to pay the earth for it.
You can choose from two color options – either bronze or stainless steel, and place it in your patio area with ease. Once it’s assembled, it’s very lightweight and portable, while also being easy to start. Attach your 20-pound propane bottle and push the electric ignition button to get it to work. You can then adjust the heat thanks to the variable heat setting while benefiting from up to 48,000 BTU of heat output.
What people also appreciate about this propane patio heater is how well it works in any outdoor deck area. If you have a group of people over for dinner, you don’t need to go inside as soon as it gets dark. Instead, you can light the propane patio heater for both warmth and ambient lighting. You are sure to find this heater ticks all the boxes for your outdoor entertaining requirements.
06. Hanover Cylinder Propane Patio Heater
If the style of your propane patio tank matters as much as the price and quality, then check out this one from Hanover. Not only can you rely on it to heat your friends and family consistently, but you can rest assured it’s going to be a striking addition to your outdoor space as well.
It features a gorgeous black base which hides your 20-pound propane tank, while also displaying a glass cylinder so you can see the flames dancing around in it too. What’s more, it lets off 34,000 BTU of heat which you can adjust, as well as being easy to move around your entertainment area.
While you do need to assemble it, you will find it’s not a complicated process. In fact, with clear instructions, it’s something you can do in minutes. You will enjoy adding this propane patio heater to your property.
07. XtremepowerUS Floor Standing Propane Outdoor Patio Heater
If you don’t have a lot of time or a lot of money, it can be challenging to find a propane patio heater to suit your needs. While you may only need it for a special event, it still needs to be able to do the job while not costing the earth.
XtremepowerUS has you covered with this traditional and Mocha-colored propane patio heater. While it’s straightforward in its design with no extra details, it does everything you need it to do. It will heat the masses with its generous 48,000 BTU heat output while doing it safely thanks to its many certifications. What’s more, its towering height of eight and a half feet means the heat distribution is far better as well.
While it might not be the most attractive propane patio heater on the market, it does the job and does it well. It’s well worth your consideration when you’re in the market for a propane patio heater for your home or special event.
08. AZ Patio Heaters Hammered Bronze Patio Heater
If the style of your propane patio heater is equally as important as the price and heat output, then set your sights on this stunner from AZ Patio Heaters. Even though you need to assemble it yourself, you can look upon this 87-inch masterpiece when you finish it and be amazed.
It stands tall and beautiful, bucks the trend by being a little bit different, and can act as both a focal point and a source of heat and light in your yard. What’s more, it has a generous heat output of 40,000 BTU, while also lasting for eight to ten hours on one 20-pound tank of butane or propane.
It doesn’t cost the earth to buy, it’s effortless to move around on its little wheels, and it will tick all the boxes for your outdoor entertainment requirements.
09. Fire Sense Mocha Square Flame Heater
If you don’t want a standard propane patio heater, one that everyone else has, then set your sights on this one from Fire Sense. While it does everything a conventional one does, it stands out far more effectively on your deck.
It can get people talking, provide a focal point in your outdoor area, and heat and light up any area in your home as well. It has a generous heat output of 41,000 BTU, uses a generic 20-pound propane tank, and is easily transportable as well.
What people also like about this heater is the color scheme. It’s unique and matches the style and square finish of the heater so beautifully. So, aside from being functional as a heater with the correct ignition switches and easy-to-use design, it’s also a stylish heater you will be pleased to call your own.
10. Lava Heat Italia Heritage Bronze Finish Propane Patio Heater
If the budget you set for a propane patio heater is relatively high, then why not treat yourself to this stunning heater from Lava Heat Italia? Leagues ahead of its competition on the market, it’s an attractive and highly effective heater that will impress time and time again.
Aside from its style, you will also be impressed that it comes fully assembled – meaning you can use it right away. You will need a battery for the ignition and your propane tank, but you can then prepare for immediate use. The heat output will blow you away. It’s better than most other heaters on the market at 51,000 BTU, meaning it can heat a larger area and a more significant group of people. This heat is then distributed at 360 degrees.
It has stunning spiral flame heat technology for a more ambient feel, all the while being encased in a glass display case. It’s a beautiful and very well-made unit that will impress you and all your guests. It might be time to add it to your wish list today.
What to Consider When Purchasing a Propane Patio Heater
Everyone has different outdoor entertaining requirements – depending on where you live, and how big your entertainment area is as well. Therefore, when you decide that you may quite like a propane patio heater, you need to spend a little time doing some research. There are many things to consider when purchasing a new patio heater, like these below:
- Heat Source
While the source of the heat is, of course, propane, you may find that when you search for a propane patio heater, they aren’t the only options that appear. Instead, you may also learn about natural gas heaters and electric heaters for outdoor use. These may be worth your consideration as well.
Electric heaters produce no emissions but may increase your power bill and need professional installation. Natural gas heaters are eco friendly, but you need to have them professionally installed. Propane gas heaters, on the other hand, are easy to use, require no professional setup, and are portable. They do, however, cost a bit to operate as you need to refill the propane tanks.
- British Thermal Unit
British Thermal Unit (BTU) is a standard measurement for what you require to heat a particular area. A small area of up to 150 square feet only requires a unit that produces 5,000 BTU, whereas a large crowd would need a heater of around 40,000 BTU or more.
Features of a propane patio heater are essential. Consider whether it comes with a safety shut-off button or switch, has safety certifications, is eco friendly, and turns off if you tip it over. These features are crucial for safe operation.
Top Bestseller Propane Patio Heaters
|1||AmazonBasics Commercial Patio Heater, Slate Grey||1,039 Reviews||View Product|
|2||Sunjoy Lawrence Floor-Standing Patio Heater, 88" Bronze Hammered Finished||120 Reviews||View Product|
|3||Fire Sense Hammer Tone Bronze Patio Heater||1,094 Reviews||View Product|
|4||BestMassage Patio Heater Tall Hammered Finish Garden Outdoor Heater Propane Standing LP Gas Steel...||51 Reviews||View Product|
|5||Hiland HLDS01-SSHGT Patio Heater, 87" Hammered Bronze/SS||74 Reviews||View Product|
Other Articles You Might Also Like
Last update on 2019-03-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API