Before the rice cooker came along, traditionally the only way to cook rice was with a pot, spoon, and consistent heat. You had to tend to it, nurse it, drain it, and hope it didn’t come out gluggy or dry or stuck to the bottom of the pan.
For such a simple grain, cooking rice is not something that everyone could prepare well. More often than not, it was easier to get it wrong. However, when the rice cooker came onto the scene, home cooks could rejoice. They could now cook rice without needing to worry about watching it or cooking enough for a village rather than a household.
The rice cooker soon took care of everything. You could sit back, relax, or prepare other dishes as part of the meal. The rice cooker variety has also grown significantly since it first hit the market all those years ago. You can now buy a cooker big enough for two cups of rice, four, or even more.
You can also purchase industrial-sized ones for the likes of sushi restaurants that rely on quality, well-cooked rice every time. Since the rice cooker came onto the scene, food wastage and stress levels have changed forever.
If you’re tired of never being able to prepare this staple food item correctly, then could it possibly be time to buy one for your household? If so, you will be amazed at how these options below will cater to your requirements with ease.
Top 10 Best Electric Rice Cookers
- MULTI-FUNCTIONS COOKER: 11 kinds of menu setting, including rice cook, sauté, slow cook, steam,brown rice/quinoa, soup/stew, manual/DIY, oatmeal, and cake paste yogurt maker.
- 5 LITER CAPACITY: Capacity Up to 10 cups uncooked / 20 cups cooked rice, ensures the whole family demands.
- PRESET TIMER: Easy and simple button to help your busy life. Put the ingredients in and set the preset timer, and the automatic keep warm function ensures you can enjoy a warm meal.
- DIGITAL LED DISPLAY: LED smart digital panel display and simple control button make cooking more easy and fun.
- Highly Recommended by Michelin chef and the ACCESSORIES INCLUDE: The rice cooker is recommended by a 3 star Michelin chef. It also comes with : Rice measuring cup, steam rack, rice paddle, soup spoon and condensation collector.
- Multi-Functional Use - Whether you are in the mood for a hearty jambalaya, steamed veggies and rice, or even a fluffy cake (yes, cake!) you can accomplish it all with your ARC-914SBD cooker. The possibilities are as creative as you are
- Nutritious & Delicious - The built-in steamer function allows for nutrient-rich meals to be prepared above while rice, soup, or any other meal addition cooks below, allowing you to save time without sacrificing quality. This multicooker not only includes all of your favorite cooking options, but also possesses the unique options of Slow Cook and Saute-then-Simmer STS, making meals rich, tasty, and a guaranteed family favorite.
- Capacity & Dimensions - The ARC-914SBD is an 8-cup cooked capacity yielding anywhere for 2 to 8 cups of cooked rice and measures 8.5" x 9.3" x 8.7"
- User-friendly Programming - This product is also a proud member of our "set it and forget it" mentality. The cooker is incredibly simple to operate using our user-friendly digital panel that switches to Keep Warm automatically once cooking is finished allowing you the freedom to take back your time instead of worrying while you cook.
- Accessories - This digital rice cooker includes a non-stick inner pot, steamer tray, rice measuring cup, and a plastic rice spatula.
- Multi-functional use - Whether you are in the mood for a hearty jambalaya, steamed veggies and rice, or even a fluffy cake (Yes, cake!) you can accomplish it all with your ARC-743-1NG cooker. The possibilities are as creative as you are.
- Capacity & Dimensions - The ARC-743-1NG is a 6-cup cooked capacity and measures 9.4" x 14.2" x 9.4"
- User-friendly programming - Our Simply Stainless collection is also a proud member of our "set it and forget it" mentality. These products are easy to use with one-touch operation that switches to Keep Warm automatically once cooking is finished, allowing you the freedom to take back your time instead of worrying while you cook.
- Accessories - This pot-style rice cooker includes a non-stick inner pot, an aluminum steam tray, rice measuring cup, and a plastic rice spatula.
- Perfectly prepares 2 to 6 cups of any variety of cooked rice
- 8 cup cooked capacity (4 cup uncooked)
- Automatic keep warm
- Nonstick cooking pot
- Cooking pot, lid & accessories are top-rack dishwasher safe
- Also cooks grains and hot cereals Using white long-grain rice. Capacity may vary depending on type of rice.
- All Stainless Steel Cooking pot and steamer tray (304 Grade)
- Steamer tray is free and included with purchase
- 8 cups uncooked rice will yield 16 cups cooked rice
- Lid is glass for "looking while cooking"!
- Steamer tray can be used to steam any number of foods while also cooking rice, 120V
- 5-1/2-cup computerized rice cooker and warmer with advanced Neuro Fuzzy logic technology. Wall mountable
- Multi-menu selections; automatic keep-warm, extended keep-warm, and reheat cycles
- Spherical, nonstick inner pan allows for uniform heating; LCD clock and timer; retractable cord
- Menu settings include white (regular/sushi, softer or harder), mixed, porridge, sweet, semi-brown, brown, rinse-free and quick cooking
- Measures approximately 14 by 8 by 9 inches; 1-year limited warranty, Dimensions (W x D x H) : 10-1/8 x 13 x 8-1/8 inches
- Syncro-cooking function "tacook" makes it possible to cook main dish and rice at the same time
- One push operation. Dimensions (inches) : W 10.6 x D 13.9 x H 8.4
- 4 cooking menu settings (Synchrony-cooking/Plain rice/Brown rice/Slow cooking)
- Easy to clean non-stick coating inner pan
- Includes Non-stick spatula, Cooking plate, Measuring cup and Cookbook for using "Synchrony-cooking" function
- Makes 6 Cups of Freshly Cooked Rice and Other Foods: This Panasonic rice cooker prepares up to 3 cups of uncooked rice (6 cups cooked); Use with white, brown, yellow, short or long grain rice and other foods including oatmeal, soups and vegetables
- One-Step Automatic Cooking: Simple, one-step operation with the push of a button; Includes automatic shutoff function when cooking is complete
- Durable Non-Stick Coated Aluminum Pan: The resilient, non-stick aluminum-coated inner pan is designed to withstand years of continual heat and use, and is easy to clean
- Glass Lid with Plastic White Knob: A tempered see-through glass lid with plastic knob lets you safely monitor cooking
- Included Accessories: A measuring cup and rice scoop are included for easy cooking and serving
- HP (Heating Plate) Programmable Pressure Cooker (AC120V / 60hz). Special non - stick coating help make sure your rice does not burn and stick
- 6 Cups Uncooked (3 Liters / 3.2 Quarts)
- X-Wall Diamond Coated Inner Pot. Inner Pot Material: Aluminium
- Stainless Steel Detachable Inner Lid (Easy to Clean)
- Intelligent Cooking Algorithm; No Outer Inner Pot Coating.Capacity:1.08L/6 cup
- Unglazed organic clay pot intensifies flavors and seals in essential nutrients, enzymes and vitamins
- Aluminum and lead free. No non-stick chemicals contacting your food
- Low temperature yogurt maker- probiotic rich and extra nutritious. Greek, regular or yogurt cheese
- Germinates brown rice and makes perfect whole grains.Fully programmable and up to 4 times faster than conventional slow cookers
- Please watch the video instructions on the catalog for help with the operating the item.Power rating: 120 VAC / 60 Hz / 500-600 Watts
01. Comfee 5L Electric Rice Cooker and Warmer
If you are thinking about buying a rice cooker, you may be put off by the fact that it can only do one thing: cook rice. Even if it’s going to make life more convenient, it can be hard to justify taking up a lot of space in the kitchen for an appliance that can only do one thing.
However, this Comfee rice cooker will surprise you in more ways than one. Not only does it cook rice – and cook it well, but it has 11 menu options to cater to your meal requirements. You can use this rice cooker for taking care of quinoa, pasta, brown rice, and for sauteing, soups, and stews too. It may be a convenient rice cooker, but it’s also so much more.
It has a five-liter water capacity too, which means it can hold up to 10 cups of uncooked rice, turning it into 20 cups of cooked rice. As a result, it’s more than suitable for home use and even some commercial operations.
02. Aroma Housewares Stainless Steel Digital Cool Touch Rice Cooker
The rice cooker variety on the market is getting more substantial, but it doesn’t make it any easier to find one that’s affordable yet ticks the boxes for quality as well. You will be pleased to know this one from Aroma Housewares does. It’s suitable for a small family, holding up to eight cups of cooked rice, while also offering a range of other features as well.
You can delay the rice cooking by up to 15 hours, or keep it warm thanks to the warmer feature as well. What’s more, while your rice cooks in the bottom of this stainless steel or white unit, you can be steaming meat and vegetables on the top. As a result, it’s the perfect appliance for health-conscious and busy professionals who don’t have time to cook and want a device to do all the hard work.
If you’re in a hurry, the flash function enables you to cut cooking time in half, while also benefiting from the versatility of being able to cook white rice or brown rice in it too. Priced affordably and suitable for a range of people, you are sure to love everything this cooker has to offer.
03. Aroma Housewares Pot Style Rice Cooker
Rather than waste time with a pot and risk burning your rice, why not invest in a small rice cooker that will cook your rice far quicker and easier? Aside from its ease of use, you will also appreciate the style of this cooker. You can buy it in white, red, or black, and benefit from its compact and funky design for ease of use on any bench top.
What’s more, it takes one touch to use, cooks up to six cups of rice, and has a transparent glass lid so you can see what’s happening. You also don’t need to worry about other appliances to cook the rest of your meal. Put the rice in the bottom, your meat and vegetables on the top, and dinner will be ready in an hour.
04. Proctor Silex Mini Electric Rice Cooker
If you are trying to live a far healthier lifestyle, then investing in a rice cooker is an excellent place to start. Rather than be put off by the challenge of cooking rice, you can put up to four cups of uncooked rice in this cooker, set it, then come back to eight cups of perfectly cooked grains. Every member of the family will enjoy how easy this cooker is to use.
While it’s made for use with long-grain white rice, you can use it with other types as well. You may need to alter the water and quantity of rice for different varieties, however. It comes with a lid, accessories, a non-stick pot, and plenty of convenient functions to impress.
05. Oyama Inner Pot Electric Rice Cooker with Stainless Steamer Tray
If you run a sushi restaurant, or you have a large family who loves rice, then this rice cooker is for you. Not only is it affordable and easy to use, but it can prepare up to 16 cups of rice without you having to use a pot or lift a finger.
It features high-quality stainless steel, a robust outer shell, and a glass lid so you can see what’s happening inside the unit. What’s more, you can add your vegetables, meat, and other ingredients and cook everything together.
It even lets you cook all manner of rice varieties with included instructions to help you prepare the right quantities and ratios. When you buy this cooker, you get a free steamer tray so that you can benefit from everything this 16-cup rice cooker has to offer.
06. Zojirushi Fuzzy Premium Rice Cooker and Warmer
If you want the rice cooker you purchase to have all the bells and whistles, then don’t look past this one from Zojirushi. Designed to take rice cooking to the next level, it’s packed full of helpful meal preparation features. It also caters to both professionals and home cooks thanks to its 5.5-cup capacity for cooking. Mount it to the wall, put it on your bench, and get cooking.
It comes with several menu options depending on the rice you want to cook, as well as functions for warming, reheating, and cooking hard or soft to suit your preference.
It also has a built-in timer and clock and comes with a range of accessories as well. Rather than battle away with a pot and spoon, you can now invest in a far more convenient cooking method for your family or business.
07. Tiger Corporation Rice Cooker with Food Steamer
If you want a “no frills” approach to cooking rice that’s still easier than cooking it in a pot on your stove, then this rice cooker may be the answer. Even though it’s more expensive than other options, it’s easy to use, effortless to clean and care for, and will still provide you with the opportunity to prepare an entire meal within it. Add your rice, meat, and vegetables, and wait for it to make itself.
It also has a non-stick pot to make cleaning it a breeze, as well as arriving with accessories such as a measuring cup, cookbook, and spatula. It’s very lightweight too, which means you can move it from one surface to the next without it being a problem. Effortless to use and simple to care for, you will be pleased with what this rice cooker can do for you.
08. Panasonic 1-Step Automatic Rice Cooker
For small families who enjoy rice dishes, this rice cooker will take your cooking experience to a new level. Within a short amount of time, you can be enjoying rice cooked to perfection by this unit from Panasonic.
It can turn three cups of uncooked rice into six cups of fluffy rice, it has a non-stick pan for effortless cleaning, and there is only one step involved in the cooking process. As a result, you are going to enjoy it far more than other rice cooking methods on the market.
When you buy this rice cooker, you will also enjoy that it comes with a glass lid you can see through, as well as accessories. The rice scoop and measuring cup will ensure you get the right water to rice ratio every time. When the time comes to make cooking dinner far more effortless, invest in this Panasonic cooker.
09. Cuckoo Electric Heating Pressure Rice Cooker
If you want the best of the best when it comes to kitchen appliances, then set your sights on this rice cooker from Cuckoo. While there is no denying it’s a more significant investment than other rice cookers on the market, you get what you pay for.
The quality and convenience of this cooker are undeniable. As a programmable pressure cooker, it comes with a range of fun features such as a self-opening lid, voice function, and a self-cleaning mode.
What’s more, it features high-quality materials such as non-stick coating, diamond-coated inner lining, and aluminum. The inner lid is even detachable for easy cleaning, while the entire unit has many options for different rice varieties.
Rather than opt for a no-frills rice cooker that will never be as convenient to operate, set your sights on this cooker that will provide no end of convenience for the home’s cook.
10. VitaClay Smart Organic Multi-Cooker
If you want to lead a healthy lifestyle with no toxins or harmful chemicals, then it might be time to try this multi-cooker from VitaClay. As an organic cooker, it features no lead, non-stick chemicals or aluminum, and has a clay pot for cooking a range of food items. While the lid has aluminum in it, the cooking pot itself doesn’t.
You can use it for rice, making cheese, germinating rice, and even making yogurt. No matter the task, you are sure to find this cooker hits the mark in more ways than one.
It’s also four times faster than regular slow cookers while allowing you to make yogurt on a low temperature. While it’s more expensive than other units, it’s perfect for those who like to decrease the number of chemicals they allow in their home.
Considerations for Purchasing a Rice Cooker
The variety of rice cookers on the market can sometimes be overwhelming, with so many options for the home or professional cook. However, if you’re looking to purchase one in the future, you may like to consider these following features below.
- Cup Capacity
The cup capacity is vital because it refers to how many people in your family or business you can feed. However, if a rice cooker has a five-cup capacity, that doesn’t necessarily mean it will provide five cups of rice.
Instead, it will allow you to fill it with five cups of uncooked rice, producing 10 cups of cooked rice. The bigger the cup capacity, the more suitable it is for larger families and commercial operations.
- Steaming Trays
Rather than buy an appliance that can only do one thing – cook rice, you need to pay attention to what else each machine can do. For example, if they come with steam trays, you can add your rice, vegetables, and meat all in one cooker and utilize it as a one-pot meal device.
The versatility of your cooker is crucial because rice cookers can generally be quite big units. You don’t want to have one sitting on your bench if all it can do is cook rice. Instead, see if it can help prepare yogurt at low temperatures, cook different types of rice, quinoa, and germinate rice as well.
The cup size can differ substantially, depending on the cooker you buy. As a result, it’s crucial to make sure your cooker comes with a measuring cup, rice scoops, and spatulas as well. Without them, you may get the water to rice ratio wrong and get either burnt or gluggy rice.
- Glass Lid
Not every rice cooker comes with a glass lid, but it’s a crucial component if you want to benefit from convenience while you cook. A rice cooker with a glass lid enables you to check the rice to make sure it’s cooking as it should while offering a means of ventilation as well.
Top Bestseller Electric Rice Cookers
Other Articles You Might Also Like:
Last update on 2019-03-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API