A bamboo cutting board is a chopping board you have in your kitchen for all manner of food preparation tasks. Typically, they are a rectangle, feature food juice channels, and require a bit more maintenance than a regular chopping board.
However, bamboo chopping boards are naturally antimicrobial, antibacterial, and absorb far fewer food juices for better hygiene too. That’s why you may like to consider the following options for a change in your food preparation behavior.
Top 10 Best Bamboo Cutting Boards
- REPLACEMENTS FOR LIFE GUARANTEE: No other brands offer this! We're so confident in our 18" x 12" XL Wood Cutting Board, that we will replace your chopping board from cracking, splintering and separating every time. For life! Get yours today!
- FORMALDEHYDE FREE AND MOM APPROVED: Your FDA Approved, antimicrobial cutting board is safe with antibacterial properties. Your non-slip meat cutting board with juice groove for catching liquids, is BPA free and made without formaldehyde
- KNIFE FRIENDLY: Your heavy-duty, wooden cuttingboard is better for your knives and cutlery than plastic, glass, acacia, teak and maple especially when prepping fruit, veggies, chicken and bread
- PROFESSIONAL CHEF RECOMMENDED: Commercial restaurant grade with industrial-quality strength, a perfect combination of size and weight for that big turkey
- NATURAL LOOK: Your kitchen cutting board has an attractive two-tone design that makes great gifts in 2019 for Housewarming, Weddings, Christmas, Birthdays, Mothers & Fathers Day
- Made with ultra thick bamboo to resist cracking or breaking
- Cutting boards are made with eco-friendly, bacteria resistant, and a highly compressed bamboo wood
- Bamboo cutting board set comprises of a large cutting board of 12 x 16 in, a medium cutting board of 9 x 13 in and a small cutting board of 9 x 11 in with thickness of 1 inch each
- Made with natural bamboo wood to ensure your knives stay sharp
- Treat your cutting board with oil as it creates a super strong natural wood seal (walnut, coconut oil are most preferred); frequent conditioning will protect your board's natural fiber and keep it in its original shape; when you feel your board is dry, its time for some oiling
- Durable, attractive bamboo construction. Fast-growing and plentiful, bamboo is stronger, more sustainable, and easier on knives than other hardwood cutting boards
- Includes 7 brightly color-coded cutting board mats that make clean up easy and help prevent cross contamination when preparing fruits, vegetables, cheese, meat, fish, poultry, dough and baked goods
- Flexible cutting mats are BPA free and designed to fit snugly into the top surface of the cutting board; use them with the cutting board or separately, and store them inside the cutting board when not in use
- Non-slip silicone feet prevent the cutting board from slipping and sliding on your kitchen counter top or food prep surface; use the board to serve bread, crackers, cheese and cocktails
- Cutting board measures 16.5" x 13.4" x 1.2" thick. Cutting board mats measure 15" x 12" x .03" thick each
- Moso bamboo wood's hard density makes it sustainable and is almost maintenance free
- Cutting board is used when cutting fruits or meat or bread or baked goods without unnecessary hacking and sawing
- Extremely light yet very durable bamboo construction makes it hard to scar a bamboo cutting board with a knife and at the same time its soft nature does not to damage or blunt your knives
- FDA and FSC approved
- Use right sanitation procedures to clean your bamboo cutting board by using warm water and soap or a dilution of bleach and water
- MONEY BACK GUARANTEE. We take pride in the quality of our Bamboo Cutting Board and this is why we back it with 100% Money-Back guarantee! Buy with confidence and enjoy an award winning design and its multifunction usage! If you are not absolutely thrilled at it, we will fully refund you, NO QUESTIONS ASKED!
- EXTRA LARGE with SIDE HANDLES to use it as Cutting-Chopping-Cheese Board or Serving Tray.
- PROFESSIONAL GRADE, KNIFE FRIENDLY: Bamboo won't cause excessive wear and tear to cutlery.
- BUILT-IN DRIP GROOVE holds juice from meat, fruits or vegetables.
- 100% ORGANIC BAMBOO is All-Natural with Antibacterial, Antimicrobial Properties, absorbs less liquid and has fewer cross-contamination concerns.
- ORGANIC BAMBOO, BPA FREE: This kitchen cutting board is made of 100% natural bamboo. Antimicrobial, antibacterial, BPA free. The board is well polished with a smooth surface
- EXTRA LARGE AND THICK FOR ALL MEATS BREAD FRUITS VEGGIES: The cutting board measures 17x12.6x0.78 inches and is big, thick and sturdy. Could be used as cutting, chopping, carving board, cheese board, heavy duty butcher block or serving tray
- UNIQUE DESIGN OF BUILT-IN COMPARTMENTS AND JUICE GROOVES: Three built-in and separated compartments on one side of the cutting board, where to put temporarily the mashed garlic, diced veggies, cheese, etc. No more mess on the board, no more bowls and plates around the board; built-in juice grooves on both sides catch juice from running on the counter
- KNIFE AND CUTLERY FRIENDLY: The gentle bamboo won't dull your knife and cutlery
- DO NOT PASS TO DISH WASHER!!!
- 100% ORGANIC BAMBOO - Bamboo is a hard grass; it is a sustainable, renewable resource that needs no chemicals to be harvested | Large (17''x12''x0.8'') | Medium (15''x10''x0.8'') | Small (12''x8''x0.8'') | Holder (7.4''x5''x2'')
- SUPERIOR HEALTH AND SANITATION - Because Bamboo absorbs less liquid and dense enough to resist knife scarring, they are more sanitary than wooden boards
- ELEGANT DESIGN - Many chefs love the natural look of bamboo and the modern elegance that it conveys. Your bamboo board continue look chic and tasteful for your stylish kitchen
- EASY TO MAINTAIN - Due to the resistance to absorbing water, bamboo is less likely to crack and split like regular wood boards. Bamboo also resists staining, which is often an issue with meats and acidic plants such as tomatoes
- NO COATING & NO VARNISH - This product is completely natural that you should only apply food-safe oil once a month. Contact us to get your 10% DISCOUNT COUPON
- Eco-Friendly, Organic Bamboo
- Easy Grab Handle, Easy To Clean
- Thick, Durable
- Drip Groove
- SHOW OFF YOUR STATE PRIDE: These unique Ohio cut-out image cutting boards are a simple way to personalize your kitchen.
- ATTRACTIVE & FUNCTIONAL: Crafted from premium, hand selected bamboo, these Ohio shaped cutting boards measure 11.75" x 12" and are .75" thick with a smooth finish. The bamboo variety chosen is neither a food source nor a habitat for the Giant Panda. Bamboo is a renewable resource, making this an environmentally sound choice.
- DURABLE & EASY ON KNIVES: Bamboo is harder than wood and provides a strong, durable surface. The hard material makes for easy cutting yet is gentle on knives.
- NATURALLY ANTIMICROBIAL: Bamboo is less porous than wood and doesn't absorb liquids as easily, making it resistant to bacteria. Only food safe, formaldehyde-free glue is used in assembly. No dyes or stains are used - color is permanent and will not fade or wash out.
- EASY TO MAINTAIN: Wash with warm water and occasionally use oil to extend life and beauty. Dimensions are approximate and may vary slightly due to small variations in the manufacturing process.
- WILL LAST OR YOUR MONEY BACK! - If you're tired of spending money on those cheaply made boards that get destroyed within a few days, this block is the one you're looking for. Our bamboo block is lighter than most wooden chopping blocks, but extremely HARD, DURABLE & SCRATCH RESISTANT. Backed by a NO-QUESTIONS-ASKED, 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.
- BEST THICKNESS ON AMAZON! - Thicker does not mean better. We tested multiple thicknesses before developing our 1.4" thick block. This chopping block is sturdy enough to stay in place and not be damaged when chopping meat, yet not too heavy (unpractical) like thicker butcher blocks are. It's the only butchers block you'll ever need to buy!
- TRANSFER CHOPPED INGREDIENTS EASILY WITH NO MESS - Want to prep your food without having to worry about excessive mess? We are the ONES on the market who solve this problem. The end grain cutting board is outfitted with handy cut out, allowing you to easily move food from one place to another and keep your countertop clean!
- EXTRA LARGE with SIDE HANDLES - We know how much important it is for you to have plenty amount of space for prepping vegetables, meat, cheeses,.. Our users love the perfect 18x12" size of PEPEGOO cutting block. The handles make it a very convenient serving tray as well. It's designed for use by professional chefs and home cookings.
- NON-SLIP DESIGN (BEST ON THE MARKET)! - If you're quartering meat, the last thing you want to do is worry about the board sliding away and having your meat go airborne or onto the ground. With our block that has 4 anti-slip feet, it's absolutely not an issue. Other wood blocks that don't have non-skid feet, won't remain in place. Try our heavy duty block, thank yourself later!
01. Greener Chef Organic Bamboo Cutting Board
If you don’t mind putting in a little bit of hard work to keep your bamboo cutting board in tip-top shape, then you won’t mind adding this one from Greener Chef to your shopping cart. This board meets the mark for providing you with a steady work surface, even if you have to spend some time to keep it looking at its best.
It features FDA-approved and organic bamboo, doesn’t feature any BPA or formaldehyde, and is an excellent prepping board for meat, fruit, and vegetables. No matter what you want to cut, this bamboo cutting board can help. It even comes with a unique groove for meat juices to flow into – something that many other boards don’t offer.
This two-tone bamboo cutting board is also leagues ahead of its competition for its quality. The manufacturer says it won’t splinter, crack, or separate, and they cover you with a lifetime guarantee if it does. However, you need to use the supplied walnut oil as a preventative measure – something that not all people will be skilled at doing.
If you don’t mind having to put in manual labor after spending hours in the kitchen already, then check out this bamboo cutting board from Greener Chef.
- Organic bamboo
- Crack-free design
- Juice groove
- Lifetime replacement
- FDA-approved bamboo
- 12 x 18 inches
- Two-tone style
- Generous warranty period
- It won’t splinter, crack, or separate
- Premium quality bamboo
- Separate juice area for cutting meat
- It has antimicrobial and antibacterial properties
- Affordable price tag
- Lovely design
- Perfect size
- Multi-use for a range of ingredients
- It can release splinters
- It dries out quickly
- Challenging to maintain and keep at their best
Another Article: The 10 Best Steamer Irons Removing Wrinkles and Creases from Fabric
02. Utopia Kitchen Bamboo Cutting Board Set
Why buy one bamboo cutting board when you can get three in a set for around the same price? That’s the offerings from Utopia Kitchen. When you can receive three bamboo chopping boards to save you time cleaning between each food group, why wouldn’t you grab the opportunity with both hands?
This three-piece set from Utopia Kitchen is bound to add unparalleled convenience to your kitchen. You receive a small, medium, and large bamboo cutting board, all of which are one-inch thick and ready to make your life easier. Each board is also eco-friendly with compressed bamboo wood, as well as being resistant to bacteria as well.
They are easy-care, lightweight and effortless to move around, and there is a groove on the board to retain food juices for quick disposal. As a bonus, the bamboo wood will help to keep your knives sharp.
Even though these boards require a lot of care with food-grade oil, and they are a challenge to keep clean, they can be a worthwhile investment. They are leagues ahead of wood, plastic, and other chopping boards of various material types.
- Three-piece set
- Small, medium, and large boards
- Compressed bamboo wood construction
- One-inch thickness
- Three sizes for convenience
- You can use them with a range of food types
- The bamboo helps to keep your knives sharp
- Food groove for food juices
- You need to use food-grade oil on them to care for them
- Hard to keep clean
Another Article: Electric Knife Sharpener: the best solution for at-home sharpening
03. Seville Classics Cutting Board with Cutting Mats
If you regularly find yourself preparing different meal ingredients all at the same time, then you need to take a look at this bamboo cutting board from Seville Classics. Instead of running the risk of cross-contamination, you can remove it almost entirely by using seven color-coded mats inset into your bamboo cutting board.
Each mat sits inside the chopping board; then when you change food groups, you can swap another out and place it in the inset area of the board to use. The only problem is, you can’t use the chopping board all that easily without a mat. They also don’t handle long-term knife cuts, and you will need to replace the mats often.
You can choose to buy this board with five or seven mats, or buy the replacement mats on their own. They are also BPA free, dishwasher safe, and multi-purpose. The chopping board is 1.2 inches thick to keep it securely in place on your bench, but the feet on the bottom don’t stop it sliding around so you will need a rubber mat underneath the bamboo cutting board while you use it.
This board is all kinds of convenient, but it still has a while to go. If you’re up for new innovation in the kitchen, there’s every reason to consider adding it to your wish list.
- Seven colors
- Buy with five or seven mats
- BPA-free mats
- Bamboo construction
- 1.2-inch thickness
- You can use a different colored mat on the board to avoid cross-contamination
- Convenient size
- Affordable to buy
- Stylish design
- Dishwasher-safe mats
- You can store the mats inside the cutting board
- You can buy the board with five or seven mats
- You can purchase additional mats separately
- The mats don’t withstand the cutting with sharp knives
- The plastic feet on the board don’t stop it from slipping around on your bench
- You can’t use the board without a mat
Another Article: Best Backless Kitchen Metal Bar Stools Reviews
04. Utopia Kitchen 12×17 Inch Cutting Board
Any bamboo cutting board on the market tends to be expensive, but if you want quality as well as affordability, you may like to check out this board from Utopia Kitchen. Even though you don’t have to pay a lot for it, you get a lot for your money in return.
Firstly, it’s generously-sized at 12 x 16.9 inches – plenty of space for most meal preparation. It also features Moso bamboo wood which is gentle on your knives, lightweight and takes a while before your blades begin to make their mark. However, this bamboo cutting board does require a significant amount of maintenance. If you don’t keep on top of oiling it, it will warp, crack, and potentially even splinter.
However, it has a lot of excellent points too. It’s lightweight and durable, has juice channels to stop liquid flowing onto your bench, and it’s relatively grippy on counter tops also. If you take the time to maintain this bamboo cutting board, you will find it very may well meet the mark for all your needs.
- 12 x 16.9 inches
- Extra-large size
- Moso bamboo wood construction
- You can use it with a range of food groups
- It’s light and durable
- Takes a long time to make a mark on it
- It doesn’t damage or make your knives blunt
- Affordable to buy
- Meat grooves for trapping juices
- Stylish design
- It requires a lot of maintenance
- It can warp and crack without regular oil application
- It’s thinner than others on the market
- The fluid channel is not thick enough
Another Article: Best Kitchen Mortar and Pestle Set Reviews
05. Royal Craft Wood Premium Bamboo Cutting Board
Even though you have to spend time sanding and oiling this bamboo cutting board before you use it, once the hard work is complete, you can then enjoy everything it has to offer. This affordable, high-quality cutting board featuring organic bamboo will be a firm favorite in your kitchen in no time.
It has both antimicrobial and antibacterial properties, comes with serving handles to double as a serving platter, and is friendly on your knives too. You don’t have to worry about each slice dulling and damaging your blade. The bamboo keeps your blades in tip-top condition.
This affordable bamboo cutting board is also of a generous size, making it more than suitable for large preparation tasks such as cutting roast meat. However, it pays to be aware that the juice grooves are too shallow, meaning you will have a mess to clean up if you don’t take precautions.
When the time comes to upgrade some of your kitchen tools, let a bamboo cutting board be one of the first.
- Organic bamboo
- Juice groove
- Antimicrobial properties
- Antibacterial properties
- Serving handles
- 18 x 12 inches
- Absorbs less liquid than other chopping boards
- You can attach handles to use it as a serving tray
- Affordable price tag
- Has grooves to catch juice
- You can use it with a range of ingredients
- Large size for convenience
- You have to oil and sand it before use
- The juice grooves are too shallow
Another Article: Best Glass Food Storage Containers Reviews
06. Venfon Organic Kitchen Bamboo Cutting Board
When the time comes to upgrade some of your kitchen equipment, you can’t go wrong with purchasing this bamboo cutting board from HHXRISE. Even though it has a few faults, such as not being thick enough and the bamboo cracking, it’s still an excellent example of a beautiful bamboo cutting board.
It comes with deeper-than-average juice grooves to offer a level of protection, and it contains no BPA for your peace of mind too. It also features both antimicrobial and antibacterial properties to make it less of a health risk than a regular plastic chopping board.
The polished surface of this board is also a standout feature, helping your knives to maintain their sharp edge and reduce the risk of damage to the board too. At only 0.78 inches thick, it’s not the most durable bamboo cutting board on the market, but with the addition of three compartments and its generous 17 x 12-inch sizing, you can use it as both a chopping board and a serving platter. This multi-use bamboo cutting board is bound to be a winner in your kitchen in no time.
- Juice grooves
- Three compartments
- Polished surface
- 17 x 12 inches
- 0.78 inches thick
- Organic bamboo construction
- You can use it as a serving board with its additional compartments
- Ideal for a range of ingredients
- Premium bamboo construction
- It won’t damage or dull your blades
- The juice grooves are thicker than most boards
- Affordable to buy
- It’s not thick enough
- It cracks
Another Article: Best Dish Drying Rack Reviews | Kitchen Space Saving Organizer
07. Mohy Premium Cutting Board Set
Why buy one bamboo cutting board when you can buy three? Let Mohy Bamboo Products offer you convenience in the kitchen by way of a small, medium, and large bamboo cutting board in a custom-made holder. You can stand the holder up in your kitchen then have convenient, immediate access to your chopping boards at any time. It doesn’t get much better than that.
This set of three bamboo cutting boards will be the epitome of convenience. They are not only functional equipment in your kitchen, but they look delightful on display too. They are also stain-resistant, come with no varnish or coating, and you just need to coat them in food-grade oil once per month. They are some of the most low-maintenance bamboo cutting boards on the market.
However, the benefits don’t end there. You face a reduced risk of cutting and splitting with these boards than you would with wood ones, and they don’t absorb as much liquid as others too. This stylish set of three bamboo cutting boards will transform meal preparation for now and into the future.
- Set of three
- Small, medium, and large
- Holder included
- Organic bamboo
- Varnish and coating-free
- You only have to apply food-grade oil once a month
- It doesn’t split or crack like regular wood boards
- It doesn’t absorb as much liquid as other boards
- A stylish addition to your kitchen
- Convenient holder to keep the boards in place
- Affordable to buy
- Generous sizes
- The smallest board is not all that useful
- The boards move around in their holder
Another Article: Best Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl Set Reviews
08. Best Designed Thick Strong Bamboo Cutting Board
When the time comes to buy a new bamboo cutting board, you don’t want to skimp on quality. Sometimes, that means you need to pay a little more. If you don’t mind opening your wallet a little further if it says you’re going to get a durable and long-lasting board, then check out this chopping board.
It features organic bamboo, comes with a food juice channel, and even has an inbuilt metal grab handle. This handle will come in handy for transferring food from the board to the pan, or for serving guests. The sky’s the limit for how convenient this bamboo cutting board can be.
It’s also eco-friendly, takes minimal care apart from food-grade oil, and it will very rarely leave knife marks. As a result, it will last far longer than most wood or plastic boards. Even though this board is expensive to buy and tends to be a little lightweight, it’s still an excellent option if you are considering revolutionizing your meal preparation time.
- 18 x 12 inches
- Grab handle
- Food juice channel
- Organic bamboo construction
- Comes with a handle to turn it into a serving board
- Generous size
- Thick and long-lasting
- Premium material
- Requires minimal care
- Doesn’t leave any knife marks
- Expensive to buy
- The juice channel is not thick enough
- Too lightweight
Another Article: Best Electric Rice Cooker Reviews
09. BambooMN Ohio Bamboo Cutting board
If you don’t mind spending a little more for a bamboo cutting board if it stands out from the crowd, then check out this beautiful piece from BambooMN. Instead of being a regular, boring rectangle chopping board, this one is in the shape of the state of Ohio. If you’re from the area or you have a friend or family member who is, it’s an excellent purchase to make. You’re bound to be the winner on gift-giving occasions!
You can buy this Ohio bamboo cutting board in lots of one, two, or ten, and benefit from how safe and easy-care they are. All you need to do is keep them clean and lather them in food-grade oil every month to keep them looking at their best. By doing so, you’re able to stop your bamboo from cracking too.
This bamboo cutting board is safe for use by your family, has no stains, varnishes, or formaldehyde, and is entirely natural with premium bamboo. It also doesn’t blunt or damage your knife or absorb liquid to become a health risk. When you buy this bamboo cutting board, you are buying quality, convenience, and something a little bit quirky.
- Eight style and size options
- Packs of one, two, or ten
- Ohio state shape
- Dye and stain-free
- Excellent gift option
- Unique size and shape
- Durable and well-made
- You can use it as a display piece
- Doesn’t blunt or damage your knife blades
- Doesn’t absorb liquid that easily
- More expensive than a regular chopping board
10. PEPEGOO Premium Chopping Board
If you consider yourself to be an expert in the care of a bamboo cutting board, then this board could be an excellent option for you. While it’s a nice board in every sense of the world, it needs regular, ongoing care due to the end-grain style and how it raises from the board. Failure to stay on top of the problem can result in a fuzzy bamboo finish and a dangerous risk to your food preparation.
Bamboo grain problems aside, this bamboo cutting board has many things most food preppers will enjoy. It’s 1.4 inches thick, so it’s not as cumbersome as other boards and is a generous size of 18 x 12 inches. It also features non-slip feet to keep it secure on surfaces, side handles and cutout sections for transferring ingredients with minimal effort. If you want a chopping board that looks, feels, and reacts different to others, then by all means, give this one a try.
- 18 x 12 inches
- 1.4 inches thick
- Antibacterial properties
- Non-slip feet
- Side handles
- End-grain style
- Convenient carry handles
- The feet stop it from slipping around on your surface
- Lovely end-grain pattern
- It resists scratches and cuts
- Looks after your knives
- Has cut-out sections for effortless ingredient transfer
- Expensive price tag
- The grain raises
Another Article: Drawstring Trash Bag: the best and perfect garbage bags for home
Considerations for Purchasing a Bamboo Cutting Board
When it comes to meal preparation, it’s important to choose equipment that can make your life easier, rather than harder. Believe it or not, how quick and painless meal preparation can often come down to the type of bamboo cutting board you buy. If you want one that’s going to last the distance and be reliable, you need to consider the following points.
More often than not, you will find yourself preparing large quantities of food or need room for a lot of prepared food. A small chopping board is not going to be suitable. Before you hit the buy now button, pay attention to the dimensions. Alternatively, you can purchase a bamboo cutting board that comes in a set of various sizes.
Unlike plastic chopping boards, a bamboo one does need a little more maintenance. For some people, that can be a drag. Read the fine print to find out how much care your board of choice needs. The best one for maintenance will be one that only requires food-grade oil once per month to stop it from warping, splintering, and cracking.
Believe it or not, even a chopping board with organic bamboo doesn’t cost the earth. You can generally pick them up for under $20. You tend to pay more for sets of boards, those that are thicker, or boards that come with integrated or added handles and inset areas for platters. As a rule, the more you pay, the better quality the bamboo cutting board.
It’s fair to assume that most chopping boards on the market are the same. They usually are a rectangle, come with a chopping-friendly material such as wood, plastic, and bamboo, and they enable you to cut on them. However, when it comes to a bamboo cutting board, there are a few brilliant features you may like to add.
Some have handles, inset areas for when you’re using it as a serving area, and food juice channels. If your board has grooves around the outer edge, these help to keep in juices to stop them from dripping onto your surfaces.
Top Bestseller Bamboo Cutting Boards
Last update on 2019-05-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API